Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break Here We Come

Today was the start of our Spring Break here in Florida. Tomorrow the girls and I are heading to Lake Lure, NC with our good friend Kelly, and our friends Krista and her daughters, Natalie and Brianna. We are driving my Grand Voyager with 110,000 miles on it. Originally, the plan was to take my mother's car, but when we tested it out a week before we left we discovered that she only has seatbelts for two in the third row seat. The van is bigger (in the other car the luggage would have been on top and we know how well that worked for us this summer!), roomier and I'm quite comfortable behind it's wheel.

Today I cleaned the van from top to bottom. I climbed inside and scrubbed the walls. I vacuumed the carpets and then I washed them. I even climbed in the back and did the windows. It took me 2 and 1/2 hours to completely do the job, but it is spick and span and ready to head north. Krista's suitcase is already packed in the van along with my own. Both of us have stuffed 3 people into one suitcase.

Our goal is to head out by 5:00 AM to get an early start. Our yahoo map says 10 and 1/2 hours to get to our destination at Rumbling Bald Mountain Resort. This trio of women and children have vacationed before together, and like before we shall keep a journal of our trip. I shall post with pictures when I'm able.

No comments: