Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Lake Lure Trip - Day 4 - Staying Behind - Natalie & Krista

(Krista) - Natalie and I had a very lazy kind of day. Natalie swam in the jacuzzi tub in our unit while I showered and took my time. We then packed our lunch and left to walk to the Recreation Center. It was a long trip. We looked at the view, took pictures and stopped at a picnic area with a great view of the mountains. We ate our lunch of yogurt, sandwiches, chips, and cookies. Natalie said it was a good Mommy and Me day. We then hiked the rest of the way to the Wellness Center, but as we got close we decided to go off the road and climb down the big hill to the playground.



We played on the playground and then swam for 3 hours at the pool. We met a nice woman named Beth and her two daughters, Charlotte and Agnes, and another family from Stewart, FL. Beth offered us a ride home, and despite her being a stranger, I jumped at the ride, because I envisioned myself carrying Natalie back up the mountain. Not something I wanted to do.

Beth dropped us off, and I opened the door and noticed a lot of light in the unit. I, stupidly, I guess, went upstairs and discovered that the blinds were open behind the TV. We've never opened those blinds before. The sliding glass door was wide open. 

I was more concerned about animals being in our house than I was about people. I searched the place all over, under the beds, the showers. Then I called Cara, thinking that they had returned and had left the door open and then gone looking for us or something. Of course, they weren't back yet. Cara didn't answer her phone and I left several messages. 

By the time she got back to me, I don't know, I guess I thought she would do something, but she suggested I call security. I did and asked them if someone had been in our room. Earlier I had seen some electrical trucks drive by while out walking and I thought maybe they had been in here working on our electrical situation. I don't know. 

Security wanted to know if anything was missing and I said, "I'm not the only person staying here. I don't know what things they had!" He told me that I would have to call the front desk, but that they were closed for the night. He said that anyone could have entered our unit. I wanted to know who would do that and he said either maintenance or housekeeping. I hung up, got a beer and sat out on the back patio, listening to music until everyone else returned.

No comments: