Monday, February 21, 2011

Week in photos

Monday: Glasses
These belong to my brother.  He left them in December at my mother's condo.  She kept asking me if they were mine or did I know "who these belong to?".  I didn't so Darcy took them home.  Found out they were Rusty's, but Darcy told him "too bad".  He issued threat to Darcy.  I put them in my car to take back to mother's condo.  I keep forgetting to take them out when I get there so here they rest...

Tuesday:  My dog's new favorite spot

For some reason Elliot has taken to lying down behind this curtain in my bedroom.  If he isn't here he is in my closet.  We find it quite hilarious!

Wednesday:  Miranda Cosgrove!! SCREAM!

The girls are looking at something outside the theater and obviously having a very serious discussion about it.  There was a flyer for the show in the glass case so perhaps that was the subject?  Or Jim who was buying a ticket?

Thursday:  Basketball game for Madison

 Waiting for a rebound.  This was a new site we were playing in so my pictures actually came out.

And she gets the rebound!

Friday:  Science project:  plant cell (okay, this was actually done on Thursday, but I didn't have a Friday photo...just play along)
Kelly came to stay with Darcy and help create this edible plant cell.  I found out later that it didn't have to edible my daughter just wanted it to be.  I'm not sure what everything is, but she labeled it.  I heard it was a hit at school in the stomach.

Saturday/Sunday:  Soccer Tournament

Madison in action.  Darcy and Madison were on the same recreation soccer team this year.  The league allowed Darcy to move up an age group.  The team never won a game the entire season, but it didn't stop them at all.  They had a blast!

 Darcy on Sunday coming over to ask me something.  She has been told she can not play this weekend because of her foot.  She spent Saturday on the bench with the team.  It made her crazy to miss the last game of the season.

Telling me why she is needed in the game.  Telling me she will wear her boot an extra day to make up for it.  Telling me she will come out of the game if her heel hurts.

Walking back after I told her she had to make her own decisions regarding her health.

Everyone on the bench watching as Darcy takes off her boot and puts on her cleats (which she just happened to bring with her to the game). Far right side to the left of the man in white...can see her taking off boot.

Darcy in the game.  We laughed that she was the secret weapon.  Put in a fresh pair of legs after halftime.  She made quite a few plays and got us down to the goal several times.  She began limping after 20 minutes and came out.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great photos! Glad to see you out and enjoying motherhood:)) I can't believe Rusty would ever buy RED sunglasses?? The Florida sun must have gotten to him!