Sunday, April 28, 2013

Recent life in pictures

**We live in Florida and with that comes sharing our house with critters of the region; cockroaches and lizards.  One I can live with and the other I can not.  I don't like lizards in my house, but I'll take them over the cockroaches.  Recently we had a lizard come in through the open back door.  I figured Elliot would find him eventually, but apparently, that didn't happen.


Most of the time the lizards don't live long without some source of water and since this lizard seemed to always hang out on or around my desk I kept figuring I would find him dried out and dead on the window sill.  I was wrong. Madison and Darcy find him at various times during the day sitting and chilling on Darcy's bed.  Somewhere between the playroom and her bedroom, it was getting some type of refreshment.

I was getting used to him (or her) and had just about decided to name him after spending a day with him at my desk.  I felt bad for him when he would jump from window to window and peer longingly outside at his relatives and friends, but every time I would try to open the window he would jump somewhere else.  We only had issues when he would pop up too close for comfort on my tape dispenser or stapler or scurry across the desk, his little paws and tail making scratchy noises on the papers over my desk.


Eventually, Darcy had enough of him.  She tried to capture him with a container, but he led her on a chase all over my desk with her screaming and hopping around from one foot to another.  She lost him behind my desk and armed herself with the pole to my mop where she tried to direct him toward the open door leading to our patio. 

He instead felt he had a good thing going and ran in the opposite direction of the door.  That's where he made his first mistake!  Elliot, who was roaming around the patio, came in to see what Darcy was mopping, saw the lizard running on the carpet, and chased him under my Steelers rug.  He pawed at him for some time until the lizard escaped into our closet.  Darcy finally got him out of the closet where he hopped on to a wire shopping cart out of the dog's way.  Darcy picked up the cart and put it outside where little Lizzy hopped down and scurried away, leaving us lizard free for the time being.




**I found this on a recent walk with Elliot and thought it the tail of a dinosaur that obviously roams our neighborhood.  Perhaps I've had too much lizard on my mind lately.



**This is Madison in 2009 before she got braces.


This is Madison in 2013 after she got the braces off.


Not quite the 2 1/2 years we were told it would take, but I never trusted that in the first place having spent 7 years dealing with my own teeth.

**Our neighborhood has been overrun with bunnies lately.  There is one who lives at my next door neighbor's house that Elliot likes to flush out in the evenings.  There are several running around across the street that has Elliot forgetting why he came outside in the first place.



No comments: