Monday, April 05, 2021

Easter 2021

Easter snuck up on me. I thought it was later in April for some reason. Since our family was vaccinated either fully or partially, I decided it was time to throw a celebration. I am not Betty Crocker, nor am I Martha Stewart, but darn it, this Easter was a joyous, delicious, and festive day.

Mostly because we hadn't done anything this exciting in a year.


I actually got out my Easter decorations and used the tablecloth I'd received on my trip to Pennsylvania before COVID. I planned the menu and did the cooking--what there was of it. My niece helped in the kitchen, and she deserves the credit for the table set-up. My BIL was here from CA. Darcy and Oleg were not.




Dinner was buffet-style and eaten outdoors. Between the appetizers and dinner, we had an Easter egg hunt. The adults were hesitant to get started, but they got into it after spying eggs. Everyone raced to find the golden egg. My MIL was right on top of it, but she got beaten to it by my niece. It was taped to the bottom of a chair. Brea won the prize! It was a game we played after dinner. I won!



I'm hopeful our year will have much more celebrations. People! Get vaccinated! Help the cause!

No comments: