Saturday, May 01, 2021

2021 Resolution check - four months

Every two months, I check in to see how I'm doing on my New Year's resolutions. I give myself a score between 1-10 with the hopes that I'm perfect by the end of the year. 


Let's check-in (4 months):


  •  To be like 2020 Rebel Wilson and make this year a focus on health - The first two months I added exercise. I now walk three miles a day, five days a week. These last two months I added a daily smoothie/protein shake to my diet. I'm not down in pounds but I feel better and have lost some inches.  Score: 6


  • To eat breakfast before I drink my morning coffee - Yes! Now, if I have it before I get shaky and sick. Score: 10


  • To think of three positive, happy, uplifting things for every negative thought that runs into my head - Yes! Still kicking this one! Score: 10


  • To edit book one and complete book two in all phases and attempt to publish. - I am doing well on book two with the help of my RWA mentor. We have edited Chapters 1-10 twice. I recently finished my third edit on those. We've edited chapters 11-14, and I've completed the second edit there. I am currently finishing the edits on the rest of the book and shall send to her. I'm feeling pretty darn good. Score: 8


  • To continue down the path of completing past resolutions - Oops. I've forgotten all about this one. I did absolutely nothing on it. Darn it. (Watch my cursing was one, does that count? See, what I did there? No?) Score: 0


  • To learn Russian - Yes! I have a streak of 100 days! Okay, I've missed maybe four out of the 100 but I earned enough points for freezes so my streak is alive! Score: 10


Total Score44 out of 50 - Maybe I've learned how to master making resolutions? Or I'm just this good this year? Who cares? I'm doing well!!

No comments: