Sunday, April 23, 2023

Blueberry Picking 2023


April means blueberries in Florida. Tom and I took Oleg's family to the farm for some picking yesterday. It was hot. We lasted an hour and collected roughly twelve pounds or so. Nikita and I paired up to pick, and as we passed this forested area, I commented on avoiding areas like that in Florida.

Him: "Why?"

Me: "That's just a haven for gators and snakes."

Him: "Really, Cara? Really?"




I assured him I knew what I was talking about, and several minutes later, his mother and grandmother appeared by our sides with evidence. They had a video of a gator that walked right in front of them in that same area. 

I do not need fresh blueberries enough to run into a gator. Thankfully, we were at the end of the hour, and after checking out the spartan blackberry plants, we hightailed it to the car. 

No comments: