Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Flooring part 2

I was at a writer's conference this weekend but called home to get an update on the flooring. What better time to do it than when I'm out of hubby's hair? 

Madison: "Not much has happened."

Me: "What does that mean."

Madison: "Exactly what it sounds like. He hasn't done anything."

He obviously needs me to crack the whip. I did this via another phone call. He hemmed and hawed. But when I returned home, he had started.


Tom: "It's a lot of work. Tedious."

Me: "You've done well. It looks great. The color is nice. Why isn't it done?"

Tom: "Ha! Funny."

He did a little bit each weeknight. The longer he worked, the easier it got. He ruined a pair of gloves and tore holes in his kneepads, but on Saturday, I kept him company, reading aloud from my WIP while he laid flooring. Never let it be said I didn't help.



By Sunday night, he only had a small portion left. He wanted to keep going but finally had to concede. The flooring was done Monday after he returned home from work. I spent the rest of the week putting everything back in the room. We are pretty darn happy with how it all turned out!

Next up - fixing the pool leak!


No comments: