Tuesday, July 18, 2023

I like to think I made her adventurous

Darcy's summer included two work trips, one to Alaska and one to Hawaii. Between those times, she spent a few days in California to cut down on traveling back and forth. She stayed with her bestie Sarina, who is in CA for school, and she visited with her uncles and her cousin Austin and his wife, Kendra.

The last time she'd done a work trip to Alaska, she got COVID with several other consumers. Back then, the ships tested for the virus before boarding, and she was, in her words, "kicked out of Alaska." This time, there was no such testing, and she completed the trip.

In Hawaii, she stayed a few days after the job in one of our Wyndham resorts because "when will I ever have this opportunity again." She gave us a slide presentation of both trips upon her return and handed out yummy gifts, including coffee and macadamia nuts. I'm glad I only knew after the trips she ventured out on her own so often. I would have freaked out that she'd miss the ship.

But gee, I'm proud of that kid for being adventurous since I am not and wish I was. 

I think I'll leave my Wyndham share to her. 

No comments: