Thursday, August 31, 2023

The rest of summer birthdays

Last year, Oleg was sick on his birthday, and this year was no different. Due to illness, we had to celebrate it days later and without certain COVID-19-positive family members. 


Then, Maddy went down with a sinus infection. Next went Tom, so we couldn't celebrate his August birthday. Their illnesses lasted a solid two months. I had never heard so much coughing and sniffling in my life! I made them wear masks during their most severe days, and I moved into the guest room to avoid catching anything by sleeping with the hubby. 

Maddy fractured some ribs during her illness, lost her voice at one point, and had to teach using her iPhone's text-to-talk feature. The kids thought that was hilarious.

I represented our family during Brea's birthday celebration because the other two couldn't be around people. I've never done so much disinfecting, including during the pandemic, when I kept everyone indoors and away from germs. 


I dread to see what winter will bring.

No comments: