Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Resolutions 2024

My family has kept resolutions since the 1980s. Each year, we mark them down, work on them, and then discuss whether we've kept them or not. I do a check-in on how I'm doing every two months. My math sucks, and last year's new scoring was wonky, so here's the deal for this year. 

Each two-month check-in receives a score between 0 (meaning nothing was worked on) - 2 (meaning both months were worked on) for a completion total at the end of the year of 

Here are the things I resolve to complete:

  • Get our will done - I know, I know. This should have been done years ago. My reasoning was superstitious, and now I know I'm an idiot. My brother got his done last year. It's our turn now. Seriously!


  • Create my author website - This is my year of getting a book finished and ready for publication. No more excuses. No more perfection. To get that off the ground, the website needs to be completed.


  • Record 7500 steps five times a week and drink more water - I have to get into shape for a wedding. My body shames me. It's up to me.


  • Stay in touch with my nieces and nephews - I enjoy these "kids." I want to have a better relationship with them whether they want it or not. They did give me their addresses though, so maybe I'm not so far off in left field.


  • Once a month, I will work on an old resolution I never completed. - Because I have things that need to be completed and maybe this will help me?


  • To face fears - I have many. This year I'm knocking them down.


  • Visit Maya and Jay in Boston - enjoy fabulous dinners and amazing evenings plus day trips to the North Shore…these resolutions are on a Google Doc for the entire family to use. Most of us had someone add this last resolution to our list. Most of us are keeping it. Look out Maya, Jay, and Boston!

1 comment:

Jay Brewer said...

See you soon in Boston!