Sunday, January 22, 2006

Pittsburgh's Going To The Super Bowl!!

I got out of my car, my nerves a big jumbled mess. I was waving my car flag, and my magnet was attached to the back, but my feelings all week were a mess. It is too important to take lightly.
I waved to the Steeler fans in the parking lot of the Steelers Bar here in Florida. I chatted with a guy as we walked toward the bar. I asked him how he felt.

Him: "It will be a good game. A good match up between teams."

It wasn't what I wanted to hear, but then:

Him: "No matter what, I'm glad I'm here."

Me: "Oh, yes, It wouldn't be the playoffs unless we were here."

And then I opened the door. It was like what I imagine running through the tunnel at Heinz Stadium is like--wall to wall Steeler Fans, pumped, ready, and full of energy.

The game was exciting to watch, with everyone rooting for the same team. It is an experience unlike any I have been through.

We did it. The team played to win. We won.

PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!



No comments: