Sunday, March 30, 2014

Ribbett...

Me (handing toothbrush over the shower curtain):  "Can you put this away inside the frog?"

The toothbrush is removed from my hand and I hear a clink as it is deposited, not inside the frog, but into the cup that his toothbrush, his razor, and his toenail scissors reside.

Me (peering around the shower curtain just to make sure what I heard was correct):  "I said inside the frog, not that gross cup."

Tom:  "I thought maybe you had lost your mind.  A frog?  You want your toothbrush inside a frog?"

Me:  "Yes, that thing hanging on the wall.  The frog."

Tom:  "I thought that was a hippo."

Me:  "Seriously?  You really thought I meant a real frog, yet had I said hippo you would have hung it there?"

Tom:  "It doesn't look like a frog.  It looks like a hippo.  Or a bear."


Me:  "A green bear?  It's a frog.  And it protects my toothbrush from germs."

Tom:  "If you say so, but I bet there are plenty of germs inside a frog's mouth."

No comments: