Monday, August 31, 2015

Cleaning list; kitchen, laundry, squirrel

Every year at the start of school I wonder how I manage to get through the day without getting my list of things done. I have such great intentions and then my SIL calls the end of the day comes and I wonder how I didn't accomplish what I needed to accomplish. Saturday I figured it out.

12:30 pm. - Gather the laundry and carry it outside to my laundry room garage where I have my washer and dryer. I sort the whites, the colors, the towels, and the dog stuff. I put a load in the washing machine and I start it. I make a note in my head to come back in one hour to switch the load.


12:40 pm - I decide to tackle the housecleaning as the dirty bathrooms are getting on my nerves. I get out the cleaning container from under my kitchen sink, lay it on the counter so that I could go back under the sink for additional supplies. When I straightened I see that the door to my pantry is wide open and a mess. I decide I will start cleaning in my kitchen with the pantry my first chore.


1:15 pm. - Daughter comes into the kitchen to remind me that she has a birthday party later that day. We discuss gifts, and I mention that I have a tub of Bath & Body Works items that would make a nice gift. I leave my work and go into the hall closet to show her. I open the door and realize that the hall closet is a total wreck. People keep shoving items in there willy nilly. I hand the daughter what she needs and begin pulling out things to clean the closet.


2:00 pm - Closet #1 is cleaned. It looks great. I feel so accomplished. I decide to move to closet #2 adjacent to the first closet on the other side of the bathroom door.


2:45 pm - Closet #2 contains towels, sheets, and board games that we never use, but that I can't bare to throw out. I decide to move said games into Madison's closet (a closet I cleaned out a day after I returned from dropping her off at college) and set about to do just that. Madison's closet needs some rearranging so I take out things on her shelf and rework the work I did last week so that the games fit too. I head back to finish cleaning closet #2.

3:30 pm - Closet #2 finished. I stare at the piles of items I removed from the closet. My back hurts, but I know I must take care of these things. I throw out the trash. I pick up the rugs that I'm going to get rid of and remember that I have a bag of Goodwill items started in the garage by the laundry. I head out there to add to the bag.


3:35 pm - Outside I remember that I was doing laundry. I am now two hours behind from when I should have switched the laundry. I sigh and go about doing just that. I put the stuff in the Goodwill bag. I start another load of laundry and make a note in my head to return in one hour to make the switch. I go back inside the house to tackle the bathrooms.


3:45 pm - I walk back into the kitchen and immediately see that the pantry door is open and objects are out of it and on the counter. I say out loud loudly, "Who pulled this shit out of the pantry and didn't put it back in?" I'm really annoyed and stalk over to put items back inside when I realize that I am the culprit. I remember that I was cleaning here first. I shove all of the items back inside and close the door. That job can wait. My bathrooms need cleaning.

No comments: