Friday, May 10, 2019

Dedication

I don't know if my book will ever get published. So, because I have a blog, I'm just going to write my dedication page right here, right now. Because I have a lot of people I want to thank, and who knows if that sucker ever did get published if I'd be able to get everyone on the small page of a romance book.

I've been writing since I understood how to form sentences. From short stories using our weekly spelling list to playwriting for the neighborhood kids to perform. From the neverending high school soap opera that filled four college-bound notebooks to the many class papers, I wrote for myself and others. To the 80's romance stories that now horrify my daughter to the various college creative writing classes for my major. From plays and shows for my children's school to travel journals highlighting our family drama. From stories in my head to this blog. I have always been writing.

Along the way, many loved me. Many listened. Many encouraged. Many cheered me on. Thank you:

To Mickey Sue because I promised
way back in the old days when I wrote
and she kindly listened--to everything.

To Kelly who started me on this path
and gave me my title

To my daughter Madison who spent countless hours
plotting with me and who cracked the whip
when I got discouraged.

To my daughter Darcy and my husband Tom for supporting
me in this endeavor.

To my high school composition teacher Mr. Wooton
who pumped encouragement with each assignment.

To my college professor Dr. Grabill who made me think,
made me rewrite, and who truly believed I could do this.

To my blog readers who keep coming back
to read about my silly life.

To my mother, a writer herself, who'd hate the genre, but who'd be proud I finally accomplished it.

And thank you to the romance published writers
who help those of us still hoping for what they have.

Thank you. Thank you.




3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I am so proud of you!! You Did It!!

A simple life said...

I cannot WAIT to read that book. I'll never forget that day we were rowing around out in that canoe and you were sharing the blank page secrets that were yet to be. Also, I'm going to call Mark, the guy that I never did pay for the bookshelves because he never finished them. I'm going to tell him not to worry that I got them finished and that your book will soon be sitting on them!!!!

A simple life said...

I cannot WAIT to read your book!!! I am SO, SO, SO Proud of you. Also, I'm going to call Mark and tell him not to worry...I finished the bookshelves and your book will soon be sitting on them!!!!