Thursday, May 09, 2019

THE END

I did it! At approximately 7:30 p.m. this evening, I typed the following:

THE END

Then I bolded it--because HOLY SHIT--I WROTE A BOOK!!

Yep, the girl with the liberal arts who degree majored in creative writing (before that was really even a thing) wrote a freaking book.

I write. All the time. I blog. I write essays. I write screenplays. I write speeches. I've written short stories. But never, ever, ever, have I finished a book. Started many-I have boxes of beginnings, middles, and ends--but I've never finished them. Until now.

I wrote it a year ago--in my head. Getting it out of my head...whoa...so not easy. But after many starts and many long nights of no sleep, I finished it. I typed THE END.

It isn't pretty, my book. It's not going to change the world or win a Pulitzer. It's a romance novel full of love and witty banter and fun. In my opinion. It's the kind of romance novel I enjoy reading.

It's my first, and I'm told the first always sucks. I'm okay with that. Right now, mine probably does.

Now comes the hard part. The editing. I need more internal dialogue. Definitely more tightening. But for right now, HOLY SHIT, I WROTE A BOOK. Not sure where it goes from here, but I'm so grateful for the opportunity.

Cheers to me!

1 comment:

A simple life said...

I am SO, SO, SO proud of you! I cannot wait to buy every copy I can get my hand on!!!!