Thursday, February 20, 2020

Here comes the bride

My friend, SueG's eldest son, is getting married. Funny enough, he swore that was never going to happen, and he now refuses to acknowledge how right we were back in those early relationship days when we told him he was wrong. Whatever. We're thrilled for him. While I don't know him like I do her other children, as this one was off to college by the time we met, I'm part of the family now and thus included in the wedding festivities.

Including dress shopping for the mother of the groom.

One of my favs...not.

But I've put on a brave face and have gotten in my steps going from one dress shop to the other in search of the perfect mother of the groom dress. I've taken countless photos, have texted back and forth with my SIL whose opinion on these matters way exceeds my expertise, and have encouraged the purchase of several dresses. By now, she has enough for several weddings, not to mention her son's in April.



A couple weeks ago, the bridal shower was held in Orlando. We made it a girls' weekend, got one of my Wyndhams, and had way too much giddy fun in purchasing presents. I had to remind SueG this was not the bachelorette party, but the woman has a mind of her own, and truthfully, her Spencers gifts were the hit of the party. The bride-to-be cried; she was laughing so hard.



She should've been with us shopping in the back room of Spencers.



I was assigned the job of the event photographer. Guess I'm more like my father in that hobby than I knew. I did what I'd seen him do back in the day. I toured the facility and took pictures of everything. I waited for the bride to be, who was blindfolded and made sure to capture that on digital too.



The afternoon was delightful. The full, open bar might have added to that, but the bridal party was full of great women, the families mingled nicely, the weather was great, and the food was delicious.




I got the bride and groom aprons since they enjoy cooking. His apron read, "Mr. Right," and her apron read, "Mrs. Always Right," and to go with the bibs, I got them a cookbook.


Okay, so maybe that trip to Spencers wore off on me. Or perhaps it was all the hours I spend on romance writing. Either way, SueG and I received compliments and thank yous from the bridal party who had been too timid, despite thinking along the same lines.

Maybe this will get us an invitation to the bachelorette party!

No comments: