Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Six month resolution check

Every two months, I check in to see how I'm doing on my New Year's resolutions. I give myself a score between 1-10 with the hopes that by the end of the year, I'm perfect. 

These six months have in quarantine, so are we really going to count them this year? 

Let's check-in (6 months):

  • Travel (Explore and open myself to new experiences)- Everything I've read regarding travel is: DON'T DO IT. Score: N/A
  • Get into an excellent mental and/or physical place where I don't mind having my picture taken. - Hmm...the word excellent is throwing me off here. I wouldn't say I feel excellent either mentally or physically, and I need a haircut, so... Score: 3
  • Devise a working routine schedule Monday-Friday so that I do it and stick to it - Oh, I have a routine alright. I wake, get coffee, sit, read, work my electronic tropical island, eat, sit, read, work my tropical island. Does this count? I mean, quarantine... Score: 0
  • Finish editing book #1, so Maya can edit and critique it. - Nada Score: 0
  • To drink less coffee and, therefore, less creamer - I'm on a roll on the zero scorings. Score: 0
  • To tackle some old resolutions that haunt me - Okay, that's something I've done. Whew. Score: 10

Total Score: 13 out of 50 and a N/A - Hey, at least I've accomplished something these past two months. 

No comments: