Monday, August 03, 2020

Quarantine day 143

1Corono--that's how, in the beginning, I referred to the virus. I'm not sure if I heard it that way, or if the correct pronunciation was too close to the beer I enjoy, or what, but once the girls and Oleg corrected me, well, it just became our thing to say. 


You know, to make fun of the old lady.


We use it at certain times, like when discussing Trump's latest update on the virus. Or when we watch a television show where someone goes into a crowded bar, screaming CORONO! Or when someone sneezes or coughs. It's a less stressful word than the real one.


2. Sue's mom was released from the hospital and is recovering at home. Other than being extremely tired, she is doing well. Now, it's SueG's brother's turn. First came the loss of smell and then the cough and fever. He is self-quarantining away from his wife and daughter in a room at home. So far, SueG is healthy. It annoys her I won't social distance to see her, but why take the chance? How dumb would I feel if doing so led to getting sick?


Pretty damn dumb.


3. I have tennis elbow in my left arm. I had it a couple of years ago in that elbow, and then I got it in my right arm, and now it's back again in the left. Yesterday I swam laps in my pool and today I'm unable to lift any objects. Darcy and I ran errands this morning with my left arm hanging limply at my side. She had to carry and unload and scan everything. She also had to retrieve my phone from my left pocket when needed. 


4. I'm going to miss Darcy when she heads back to school--which will be in a couple of weeks. Move-in day, which had to be scheduled, will be quite different than our previous three dorm move-ins. We are moving her into an apartment, but we are moving in Oleg as well. Hmm...now that I think about it, my tennis elbow in the right arm flared during move-in last year. I wonder if it's related?


5. Tom wants to drive to the mountains in the fall, far away from people. Because it will be cooler. He worked outside this weekend mowing, weeding, and shooting hoops. He always does this during the heat of the day. His researching places to stay reminded me of our trip to South Bend in November of last year when he sought cooler weather. Remember? The trip that was "for MY birthday" and I ended up sick for two weeks. I told him we should wait and see how things go in the next month or so. (insert rolling eye emoji)


6. I'm helping to edit my MIL's memoirs. It's a great project, and I'm learning a lot about her and her family. It's also giving me an excuse for why I'm not working on my own damn projects. EEK!

No comments: