Friday, August 14, 2020

Quarantine day 154

There is nothing new here at Quarantine Bluffs that I haven't written before. We're still staying safe, wearing masks, social distancing, staying out of restaurants unless we pick up food. It's a choice, and all four of us are believers in doing so. When I get down in the dumps watching my friends and family vacation, fly, eat in restaurants, etc., my kids rein me in--Mom, why take the chance?

This brings to mind several times when I have taken chances--times when I've walked away unscathed and others when I've suffered terrible consequences. It's the latter where I've always asked myself why. Why did I take that chance?

People tell me they aren't going to stop living their lives, and I think they mean they aren't going to change their lives for a pandemic, but I've opted to make a few in living mine--for right now. That annoys people--I hear it in their voices, and I read the comments and postings on social media--and I get it. It's a damn inconvenience, this virus.

But I don't want to be asking, nor do I want my daughters asking why I took a chance.

**

I lost another friend this last week. He was 56 years old. I had just mentioned him the previous day. My heart aches for his parents, his wife, and his son.

We have several storms brewing in the Atlantic, and the experts are warning Florida. I feel very inadequate in preparation for a positive COVID test, let alone a hurricane.

Daughter #2 heads back to college next week. It's made us all anxious.

Isn't it about time for unicorns and rainbows?

No comments: