Friday, December 31, 2021

Goodbye 2021

 Every two months, I check in to see how I'm doing on my New Year's resolutions. I give myself a score between 1-10 with the hopes that I'm perfect by the end of the year. 


The year is about up. Let's see how I did on those resolutions: 


  • To be like 2020 Rebel Wilson and make this year a focus on health. - I did continue my walking every morning Monday-Friday with my neighbor/neighbors. We went from one mile to three miles and back again to one mile. I added water aerobics for the summer months. That's about it. I did not focus on healthy eating. Or losing weight. So... Score: 4


  • To eat breakfast before I drink my morning coffee - YES!! DONE! DONE! DONE! Check. Score: 10


  • To think of three positive, happy, uplifting things for every negative thought that runs into my head - This was the best thing I could've done. It helped me immensely!! I'm a huge worrier. I go down the worry rabbit hole often and redirecting my mind helped. I shall continue this practice forever. Score: 10


  • To edit book one and complete book two in all phases and attempt to publish. - Book one is still a hot mess. I did work on editing it though until I had to put it aside to concentrate on book two with my mentor. I did complete book two up to sending it to a professional editor. That's pretty damn good even though I didn't attempt to publish. Then again, this was a HUGE resolution with way too many parts! Score: 8


  • To continue down the path of completing past resolutions - Started strong. Got too involved in writing. Finished weak. I'm going to say 1/2.  Score: 5


  • To learn some Russian - Kicked this one for the first half of the year! So, I'm calling it a win. Score: 9


Total Score46 out of 60 - Not too shabby! 


I really worked on these resolutions throughout the year. I had a copy of them on my desk so I could see them. I'm feeling pretty proud of how I did this year. 


See ya, 2021. I'm grateful I stayed healthy. Grateful the family was together and healthy. I was vaccinated for the flu and COVID. My mental health declined in the last few months but I did write 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo in the month of November! Up and down. Up and down. 


Here's to starting off 2020 with a healthy bang and a positive attitude! 

No comments: