Wednesday, March 02, 2022

2022 resolution check at two months

Every two months, I check in to see how I'm doing on my New Year's resolutions. This year I'm changing the way I score each check-in. I'm supposed to be working throughout the course of twelve months so scoring should reflect that. I will score myself from 0-2 with a 2 being I did well. Each month the goal is to score a 20. 


Let's check in on how I did in the first two months:


  • To finish several projects I've started and haven't completed, including staying on Tom until we have completed our will - I have badgered Tech Guy about the will. I brought it up last night! But, alas, I have not even worked on those other projects. Score: 0

  • To establish a daily business routine with hours and keep to it - No, I have not done this either and exercise is to blame. How do working people do this and get to the office on time? Uh, work out at 5:00 a.m. you say? Yeah, not happening with this girl! Score: 0


  • Begin a healthy eating/workout regiment - Okay, this I've done fairly well, especially the workout regiment. Score: 1


  • Create my author's website and increase my author's social media presence - Yes, on social media, and I did take a class on website design, so I'm calling this one a win! Score: 2


  • Have a monthly dinner calendar, so I'm not struggling to know what to cook at night - YES! This has worked out well thus far, and I highly recommend it. I have it hanging in the kitchen so everyone knows what we are eating (although I do make a few changes depending on the number of people, ingredients, and various other reasons). Score: 2


  • To finish my mess, that is book one. Finish book three. Edit both. Learn the self-publishing industry - Okay this is like four resolutions in one. Why would I do that to myself? I have gone from book one to book three, but I could've done more editing. I took a few classes on the self-publishing business, and I purchased a set of books on the topic. Score: 1


  • Eat weekly meals at a table and not in front of the TV - YES! Okay, I'm conquering a few of these resolutions. Plus, my dining room table has gotten tons of use. Score: 2


  • Go on several girl trips - Nope. This one hasn't happened yet, but it will this month! Score: 0


  • Purchase birthday cards and prepare for sending out at the beginning of the month - I did well with January but dropped the ball in early February. I purchased the cards but did not have them ready to go out. I rallied for the middle of February and then I ran out of stamps. Those have been purchased, along with March cards, so better luck next time? Score: 1


  • Get back to blogging on my personal site. - YES! I have done well with this one, considering my life is really boring right now. Score: 2

Total Score: 11 out of 20 - Okay, okay, there is work to be done, but I'm better than halfway there this month, so I'm going to feel good about that. 

No comments: