Monday, March 14, 2022

Spring Break 2022 - trip #1 - Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Tech Guy had to burn some vacation days. Because I refuse to travel outside my Club Wyndham resorts, for which I pay an exorbitant monthly maintenance fee, and since it's spring break in Florida, which means excessive plane tickets, we compromised and traveled to Orlando for a four day weekend.

It was delightful.




The resort updated us to a three-bedroom/two-bath unit. It was the size of a house. We each took a bathroom, and I used one of the bedrooms for my dressing room. I also spent the first night in the other bedroom after Tech Guy fell asleep at 9:30 p.m. across the master king-size bed. 

We hiked the resort and Disney Springs. We played a round of putt-putt golf. We visited different restaurants. Tom exercised while I worked, and later, he indulged me on my quest to try craft cocktails.




On our last night, Madison and her cousin Olivia joined us. We took them upstairs to the owners' lounge on the roof and served them coffee from the fancy wifi machine, and we watched the Disney parks' fireworks from Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios.



Traffic was a nightmare coming and going. Where are these people headed on a Monday afternoon? The drive that should take us a little over an hour took longer than two. Still, it was nice to get away and travel again. Also, in Florida, easy to forget masks, social distancing, and sanitizing our hands. Ugh.

We returned home Monday night just in time to welcome Darcy home from her trip to South Carolina. She brought with her a stomach bug, and the two of us were up all night while she puked and pooped. 

Luckily for me, I was out of there the next day for trip number two...


No comments: