Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Interview with a boyfriend

Darcy: "How would you feel if I went on a solo trip to Arizona?"

After what she calls "getting kicked out of Alaska," my youngest needed an uplifting experience. 

Darcy: "Everyone works to save money to travel when they're older. Then when they're older, they can't travel because of age, ailments, or something. I'm reversing that. I'm going to work to make money and travel, and then I'll come home, work, and make more money to travel again."

I encouraged her because I was a scaredy cat at her age. Heck, I'm still a travel whimp. Of course, I suggested she go somewhere I had a Wyndham, and she did--Sedona, AZ.

Because she flew out of Orlando, I decided to stay in the city while she was gone because a minimum two-night stay is required when booking. She was only going to be gone for four. Why stay, leave, and come back? I called it a writing retreat.

Then I called my friend Sharon to visit me.

Then, Oleg, who had made plans to take Darcy to the airport, decided he'd stay too. 

It was his first time meeting Sharon.

Darcy: "You know how I am with Sofie? That's Mom and Aunt Sharon times four."

We showed the kid a good time. 

Sharon: "So, tell me about yourself. This weekend is all about me learning about you. It'll be up to me whether or not you work out with Darcy. You have no idea how much pull I have with this family!"


Sharon cooked for us one night. She entertained us with stories about her adventures in scouting. The woman hikes millions of miles in all sorts of mountains, etc. 

We explored the Wyndham, played mini golf, and tried Tik Tok trends in the hallway.




We stayed up way too late and drank lots of wine.

When she left, I thought she'd given Oleg a passing grade.

Oleg: "Not really. When she talked to Darcy last night on the phone about being the flower girl at her wedding, she said, "I don't know if it will be with this guy or someone else," so I don't think I've passed yet. Who knows?"

Sharon does!

No comments: