Friday, September 02, 2022

Call the dog

Since the pandemic, Elliot has had people in the house. Now while we're down to the two of us, he likes to know where I am twenty-four-seven. If he doesn't, he goes into my bedroom and cries until I call for him.


Yesterday, he came into the office and alerted me that it was dinner time. Typically, I save my work for the day, feed him, and begin prepping the family dinner. This time, I didn't. I fed him and returned to work. 

With his head stuffed into his dog bowl, he didn't see this, and when he finished, he went searching for me. I'm sure he checked the kitchen first because he knows the routine. Who knows where he went next, but it wasn't the office.

Suddenly, I hear this noise. I stop and listen. It's Elliot howling like his life has ended--in my bedroom. That's clear on the other side of the house.

So, I did what all parents and dog owners do when they know their children/pets won't hear us shouting.  

I picked up my cell phone to call him and alert him to my location.

Yep. I did.

Lesson learned? Elliott needs a cell phone.


No comments: