Thursday, June 29, 2023

Goodbye Sevierville/Pigeon Forge

We awoke to sunshine and clear skies. 


Of course, we did.

Goodbyes were hard. It was a good girls' trip. But all good things must end, or so THEY say, so Kim set off to Ohio, and we set off for Pennsylvania. Steph let me drive for a few hours, but mainly, I provided the entertainment as we passed through multiple states. Maggie was a huge help.


We talked in our southern accent the entire time and worried we wouldn't be able to go back to normal.  

We arrived in Hershey at dusk, pulled up to unload out front, and Maggie's fans were there, a group of bicyclists shouting at her as she dragged her suitcase up the walkway. I'd forgotten her star status here in the land of candy.

Kid: "That's Maggie, right?"

Me: "It is. Sorry, kid, but no autographs tonight. She's returning from a week spent with adults. She needs some quiet time."

Kid: "Huh?"

Steph's son had dinner for us, and we ate while we regaled him with stories in our Southern accents. He was impressed with Maggie's accent and indifferent to ours. 

Nate: "I think it's kind of cool."

By breakfast of the next day, he was over it. 

When I headed home, we were back to normal except for the occasional slip. 

For the two days I was there, we caught up on things. Steph weeded her overgrown garden, I caught up on emails and phone messages, and Maggie ran amok with her endeared friend crowd. We hit the grocery, delivered the instrument panel to Steph's mechanic, and celebrated her friend's birthday. On the day I departed, we dropped Maggie off at volleyball and had dinner near the airport. The restaurant was having trivia night, and Steph and I were in second place after round one. Unfortunately, I had a plane to catch. Otherwise, we'd have won. I know it.

Wild Girls take Pigeon Forge 2023 is in the books!


No comments: