Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023

Tom wanted the china. The kids and I vetoed that. They don't like washing it. I had already bought these large, festive plates. The table was set and waiting two days before. Tom complained everything would be dusty by then.


The men and Darcy got up early on Thanksgiving morning to run the annual Turkey Trot. Darcy beat them all. We had breakfast and mimosas while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and then Nikita and I watched football.


We kept our new tradition of Honey Baked Ham instead of turkey. Oleg cooked our sides while Nikita and I played sous chef and dishwasher. During halftime, I went outside and washed the front porch and the kitchen windows, a job I've had on my list for weeks. 


We did our annual thankful things first. Dinner was quiet because we were hungry, but after filling our bellies, we played two rounds of a board game and laughed ourselves silly. 


We missed Maddy. She's in Ireland, but she'll be home tomorrow, and we saved her a plate. 

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: