Saturday, November 04, 2023

Hello November

October was a heavy month of hurt and realization, and one that I fought for several weeks. 


My brother and SIL arrived at the end of the month. Rusty played in a golf tournament locally. Susan relaxed and supported him from beneath an umbrella on the beach. We met for dinner the first night. The last time I saw him was in July 2022. He looked good, and I'm not just saying that because he bought me dinner.


They stayed at our Wyndham on Clearwater Beach, and I joined Susan on the beach for a day before we grabbed a bite poolside. 


The next night, I took her to dinner at a restaurant neither of us had tried. I didn't see my brother again until their last night. They were supposed to stay with us on that day, but Wyndham gave them another night, so they spent the day doing tourist things and we saw them for dinner.

They like to eat.



For me, the visit kicked into hearing what I'd tried so hard to reject. Not easy, but I've had a week and a half to internalize it all. I'm blessed, life is good, and by golly, I have a core group that loves me unconditionally. Here's to letting go of wants that won't be fulfilled.

Not a bad thing to come to peace with before my birthday.

No comments: