Monday, November 03, 2008

A wonderful ending to the week



Yesterday, we hopped into the car and made the two-hour drive to meet little Henry. He was asleep in the beginning, but after nursing and two diaper changes he awoke and was very alert. He had a fascination with Darcy, spending time studying her as she held him. We brought tons of cheer into the hospital and to both mother and baby. The girls cannot wait until we head over in a few weeks to spend some time with the family. I think these two are born mothers or perhaps I should say,
babysitters?



Sharon was her usual perky, entertaining self. No exhaustion in sight. I took multiple how-to videos staring Sharon. She volunteered all sorts of helpful advice such as breastfeeding and swaddling. I should post those some day. Maybe when Henry graduates high school or college. 



It is always so refreshing to be a part of a new life. Holding little Henry and watching him sleep makes everything on the outside seem so small. I have been waiting for some test results to come back and it has been a tad stressful this week. On Friday afternoon the results came back normal and healthy. Saturday Henry was born. Sunday I was holding this new little bundle of life and I just cried. New life for all of us.


1 comment:

Susan said...

How precious...new life...nothing like it!