Friday, March 05, 2010

Two month check of 2010 resolutions

Let us see how well I'm doing on my 2010 resolutions. The grading system will be from 1-10 with 1 the worst and 10 the best.
  • To study one subject (can be anything) once a month - I like this resolution because it is supposed to get me thinking. I started out deciding I would learn the different cuts of meats for January, but that never came to pass. In fact, deciding I'd study cuts of meats was as far as I got. I thought in February that I had learned something else for January, but now that I'm checking up on things I haven't a clue what that was; thus giving me the impression that even if I did learn something, I didn't learn it very well. In February I studied and answered a daily SAT question that was sent to my email. SCORE: 5
  • To see a movie once a month - I love this resolution because it weighs heavy on my mind and gets me to the theater! In January I saw The Princess & the Frog which I enjoyed immensely. Who doesn't love Disney? And a return to their original animation was a bonus for me! In February I saw Valentine's Day. I laughed and had such a good feeling for the rest of the day. Score: 10
  • To get into a cleaning routine and keep my house straightened - Hmmm...I must admit that I didn't remember this being on my list of resolutions. I'm gonna have to get cracking to even catch up. Score: 1
  • To relax in general and to not react hysterically, especially when it comes to the dog - Yes, I have actually done this one so far in regards to the dog and it has made my life easier. I did have a little excitement with the loss of one of our teachers at school, so that will have to reflect in my score. Score: 8
  • To tone down the potty mouth - My youngest would say I'm not doing well in this category, but I feel that it has certainly been toned down by at least half, and these are my resolutions and check-ups so....Score: 5
As for the birthday cards and gift-giving getting out on time - FORGET IT. It can't be done so I've quit trying. I'm not sure why I can't conquer this problem, but sometimes you just have to say, "screw it" (no potty mouth there).

Total Score: 29 (out of 50) - Sigh. Must put some more effort into these resolutions. I'm heading today to see the Tooth Fairy movie. I shall leave the dog behind in doing so, and I'll be with tweens so my potty mouth watch will get some work!

1 comment:

Susan said...

hmm...I can't even remember what my resolutions were... screw it! haha