Wednesday, April 04, 2012

My morning in photos

I started the day out with my camera in hand.  One, because I didn't have a darn thing to blog about and two, because I'm so proud of how much I'm accomplishing in a short amount of time lately.

A friend of mine posted this a couple of weeks ago on FB, but my local grocery did not carry it...until now!  I've been a fan of Coffee Mate's peppermint creamer for several years now, but this little baby is just plain delicious!
As is this little creamer!  Tom made the coffee this morning, his first in over a week since his upper respiratory infection, and I had to decide which creamer to use to get my morning started.  Decisions, decisions.  I went with the peppermint patty because as of yesterday I'm off sugar.  Wait.  This is full of sugar?  Well, I meant candy, cookie, and soft drink sugar.  This way I could pretend I was eating a peppermint patty without the sugar.  You know what I mean.  Don't you?

This is the bed that I've slept in, and have the back issues to prove it, for the past week.  Tom felt lousy on Sunday night and just went downhill from there.  He has been on an antibiotic for seven days now so I disinfected the bedroom and bathroom, washed the sheets, and took my comforter to the laundry mat.  I moved back into my bed Monday night and slept like the dead.  Now I'm putting away the substitute and hoping no one else gets sick.
.
An hour and a half after getting the first child off to school I take the second child to her school.  She is usually my morning person, full of vim and vigor and pleasantries, but apparently not this morning.

This is the tiny amount of space I have to get into my vehicle in the one car garage.  Today I got in the car, but my glasses fell off my head and scattered under the door and halfway toward the front of the garage.  After putting down my water, purse, and cell phone I had to climb out of the car to retrieve them.  Took this photo while the above daughter said, "Really, Mom?  That's going on your blog?"

I dropped off daughter, got home intending to wash my vehicle, and received a text from newly dropped off daughter that read, "Can u pleez bring my math packet by 10:15!!!!  Please!!!!  It's on my desk!!!  Please!!!  Luv you soooo much!!!!"  And being the wonderful, loving mother that I am, I got the packet and drove back to school this time deciding to take the car through a do it yourself car wash instead of scaring the neighbors with my body in a bathing suit washing my car in my driveway.  I handed the packet off to the owner of the schoo,l who happened to say good morning to me, with instructions to get that to my kid by 10:15 and while delivering it to her if he could say a few words on responsibilities and packing up her school bag the night before it would be helpful.  The poor man is never sure how to deal with me so he agreed and I'm hopeful it will be delivered.  I then drove on autopilot home, forgetting my car wash plan.  By the time I remembered I turned around in my old apartment complex above to head back to the car wash.

Spent $3.50 and five minutes washing and waxing my car.  Wondered the entire time exactly what spot free rinse meant since water always leaves spots and this cycle was no exception.  Plus my arm hurt from holding and waving the washing wand around my van.  Note to self:  Exercise arms more than just playing Farmville.

Returned home with a washed and vacuumed car ($1.00 for vacuuming) and quickly cleaned the inside doors and dash with Clorox wipes.  Waded through the laundry lying on the garage/laundry room floor to get to the door.  Realized for the 15th time that the door knob was about to fall off.  Wondered aloud if I was the only one in the house to notice that this door knob wouldn't turn any more.  Got a screwdriver and repaired the door knob.

Took time to discuss my morning activities with the dog who had greeted me each time I came in the door, left, and returned.  When he realized there were no treats involved and no going outside to play in the hose he retreated under the kitchen table for a nap.

Hydrated throughout my morning.  Not only is it my replacement for sugary drinks, but it is important to keep hydrated as I whirl through my early morning routines.

Finished the morning at 9:37 AM by sitting down for breakfast and a read of the morning paper.  Wanted to make sure that everyone also knew that to get through my fast paced whirlwind of a morning that I wore my all purpose shirt, best worn when repairing cars, etc.  Notice the sweaty hairstyle because the weather here in FL this early is already 77 degrees with a high humidity.  Time now to sit poolside before early release day pick up of daughter #1.

No comments: