Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Good day

My birthday came and went this weekend and it was a good one.  I was surrounded by family and friends, the Steelers beat the Lions in a well fought game, I had peanut butter pie, and I received lots of presents!


The first gift to arrive for my birthday, a week early, was this from my SIL.  Oh, and from my brother too as his name was on the card, but something tells me if I ask him what he got me he would have no idea.  It is from a store that is in their area, Charming Charlies, that I find fabulous and enjoy wandering for hours when we visit each summer.  Apparently we have one in Tampa, but I have yet to make the drive over the bridge to the big city to explore it.  The purse is purple, has lots of bling, and is very, very soft.  I will carry it when I wear this:


"Mom!  That is a workout shirt," Darcy said.  It is made with that special fabric for when you sweat, but it has long sleeves.  They have obviously not seen me after a workout and the thought of running miles in a long shirt is hilarious.  So is the thought of me running even down the street.  Ha, ha, ha.  The shirt is nice and makes me look thinner.  I need shirts.


This CD is from my girls and goes against everything my husband believes in now that we have Apple technology.  But he took them to buy it because I wanted it.  Every year that Toby Keith comes out with a new album it is in October and I can't wait.  I buy it.  This year I waited.  Because it was sold out.  Tee hee.  The girls found it.  I haven't listened to it yet, but the radio DJ said it was great.



Kelly, who hasn't blogged in forever, got me a bag of goodies including coffee and this great plastic Mason jar replica drinking cup.  I will be able to drink iced coffee from it.  Along with the coffee I also got Starbucks gift cards from my SIL and my family.  I will be set for the holidays to enjoy my peppermint mocha coffee drinks.


Oh, yes, I also got some new ImPress nails from Darcy and Kelly.  With the purse, the shirt, and these nails I will be rocking the holidays!

Thank you to everyone for my fabulous gifts and dinner party.  The best gifts I have all year long are you guys, but it is nice to get other things on my birthday!  I love you all!

No comments: