Sunday, November 24, 2013

NFL picks - week 12

Last week - 10 - 5
Overall - 102 - 61

New Orleans over Atlanta - Whew.  That was close.
Pittsburgh over Cleveland - If the Steelers can play like they did last week they have a shot.  A shot is better then a kick in the groin as my father use to say.  If they play like they normally do, well it will be a long three days until they meet again on Thanksgiving.
Detroit over Tampa Bay -Yes, the Bucs are smokin' at the moment.  Let's not get carried away.
Green Bay over Minnesota - My gut said the Vikings, but then it said the Packers.  I went back and forth.  What to do, what to do?  I went with the home team.
San Diego over Kansas City - I had to do something crazy to be different from the rest of the pool pack.  It is possible. 
Chicago over St. Louis - The Bears don't seem to be too hampered without Jay Cutler so what the hell?
Carolina over Miami - Yes, the Dolphins have won like three in a row.  They haven't faced a red hot Cam Newton yet.
Baltimore over Jets - Only Jets fans would pick them here I think, and the Ravens have the same record as the Steelers.
Houston over Jacksonville - First I had the Jaguars, but then I thought, "surely the Texans...."  Might be time to stop listening to those thoughts.
Tennessee over Oakland - I know the Raiders are on a roll, but these two teams seem evenly matched from what I've seen when watching the.  I like the Titans uniforms better.
Indianapolis over Arizona - Coach against the man who hired him.  Coach against the man who held his job while he was out sick.  Coach against coach.  The Colts are the better team despite the coaching.
Dallas over Giants - Yep, Eli Manning is playing better and getting more protection.  I just didn't see that happening today.
Denver over New England - Oh, my.  Tom Brady doesn't care for Peyton Manning (in my opinion) because he gets the commercials and more of the buzz.  (Hey, Tom, might be because he is warm, funny, and more open to chatting with folks.  Try smiling more.)  He wants to beat Peyton, no matter what team he plays on.  Brady lost last week on an iffy call (in his opinion).  I thought New England initially, but I talked myself out of it.  The Broncos defense is going to have to come out big today.
San Francisco over Washington - RGIII went down last week.  Since the whole injury incident last year his confidence seems shaken.  His counterpart on the opposition, Colin Kaepernick, got shaken this year when he didn't come out blazing like last year.  I went with the better coach to quarterback ratio.

No comments: