Sunday, February 16, 2014

5 Tidbits


  1. I am enjoying the Winter Olympics, but the commercials and the lateness is causing problems.  I now record (I'm not suppose to use the word "tape" any more) the Olympics each evening and start watching around 9:30 pm. from the beginning.  This way I can fast forward through the ads that don't interest me - and there are MANY - and through the replays of each athlete.  And is that necessary? Every turn is replayed as if we didn't see if the first time.  Drives me nuts!  But, I have the ability to do something about it and I have.  Now if they would just start them an hour earlier!
  2. Madison is playing recreation soccer again this season after missing a couple of years.  She is on an under 19 team that practices twice a week and plays games on Saturdays.  It has given her some exercise and is part of her IB CAS requirements for school.  There are four teams at this age group and we have played each other several times.  For the most part we have tied almost every game. This weekend was the big tournament and based on a point system; six points for a win, one point for a shut-out, and three points for a tie.  You got zilch for losing.  We won all three games with two of them shut outs.  We thought we were the champs until we were informed that the two highest teams play each other again in two weeks.  Jeez.  Just when we thought it was ending.
  3. My new shows on Netflix are Leverage and Parks and Recreation.  Kelly has tried to get me to watch Parks and Recreation, but I'm not big on sitcoms.  She was right.  Shhh...  The fact that I actually worked for a Parks and Recreation department apparently never crossed my mine, but when I need a good laugh I tune into Netflix and that show.  If only I had worked with nutballs like that group.  What good times I would have had.  Oh.  Wait.  I did work with people like that and I did have good times.  Leverage (and Person of Interest on CBS) has Kelly, the girls, and I all wishing we were in the spy business.  We know we could be good.  We were recently informed that my nephew and his girlfriend will be in Orlando over spring break and we think this might be a good time to work on spying.  We thought two of us could follow them around Disney while two of us entered their hotel room and short sheeted the bed and/or gathered information like one bed or two for the parents.  We just have to find some ear buds for all of us.
  4. 'Tis the time of the year when all companies and organizations vote on issues, budgets, etc. for the coming year.  I attended my homeowner's association, they of the "put in new grass" nasty, threatening letter this month with my neighbors.  The board took it upon themselves to hire a management company that would put out our mailings (not our dues mailings, but "any other mailings"), take the minutes of the monthly meetings, and send out the nasty, threatening letters.  That's it.  That's all the management company would do.  In fact it is the exact job of the secretary and the treasurer, one of those jobs that I use to hold in the same organization.  For these three things we will pay the management company - are you ready? - we will pay the management company $10,000 a year!  I stood up and told them I would do it for $8,000 a year and I would through in mailing the dues.  I mean, really.  It made for an interesting meeting as the majority of the homeowners were down right pissed.  So pissed in fact that 3 of the 4 members up for re-election didn't get voted in.  Now we have to reassemble a board.  Hmmm.. Note to self:  send my resume in to them and my bill for $8,000.
  5. The girls are off tomorrow from school.  Darcy has an eye appointment because she says she is having trouble reading the board.  Madison just wants to sleep all day as she played three games of soccer these last two days.  Elliot will be happy that people are around to chase him.  The day will fly by I'm sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you watch House of Cards?? I'm hooked on Dexter for some reason. Maggie enjoys Curious George. I love Netflix!! Oh and Breaking Bad of course.....