Thursday, February 06, 2014

And here I thought he didn't listen

Me (coming into kitchen):  "I just took an IQ test and I'm "smart".  I'm very proud of that.  I scored a 130, whatever that means.  Well, it says I was "smart" so obviously that is what it means."

Tom (thumbing through a book):  "Have you read this?"

Me:  "Yes, well, I am reading it.  I'm reading it now.  I'm not quite halfway through."

Tom:  "Is it any good?  It looks good."

Me:  "Yes, I'm enjoying it.  (Gets a cup out, opens refrigerator to get ice)  I don't quite like the whole death as a narrator, but the rest of it is good.  It was made into a movie."

Tom:  "It was?"

Me:  "That's why I'm reading it.  I found it in a book store and then saw that it was made into a movie." (Notices ice machine is once again clogged)  "Oh, my god!  This thing drives me crazy.  Why is it doing this?"  (Removes ice container)  "And why am I always the one who has to deal with this?  Why can't someone else see that this needs tending to?"

Tom:  "Because you're the one with the high IQ.  You're smart."

No comments: