Sunday, January 01, 2017

NFL picks - week #17

This is always a hard week for picks because the teams that have made the playoffs tend to sit out their best players, other teams just don't even try, and some teams pitted against each other are do or dies. Hard pick week.


  • Baltimore over Cincinnati - Neither team is in it and this game won't change a thing. Snicker, snicker.
  • Tennessee over Houston - This game is a must win for both teams. The Titans are without their quarterback now, but they are at home and the Texans aren't that good, and what was I thinking?
  • Indianapolis over Jacksonville - Unless the Colts don't care, I can't see the Jags winning. But too many Colts players want to set records.
  • New England over Miami - Both teams are in, but the Pats need to win to claim home field advantage in the playoffs.
  • Minnesota over Chicago -
  • Buffalo over Jets - The Bills fired coach Rex Ryan who apparently asked to be let go a week early to watch his kid play football. Now the Bills will want to prove he was the issue all along.
  • Dallas over Philadelphia - Word is we might spy Tony Romo. Oooohhhh....
  • Pittsburgh over Cleveland - The three "B's" are out; no Ben, no Brown, and no Bell. Resting them for the playoffs so as not to risk injury. I find this annoying, yet, I understand. This game means absolutely nothing. The Browns will have the first round draft pick, and the Steelers are in the playoffs, but the game is at Heniz Field and the Steelers will play for their fans.
  • Tampa Bay over Carolina - I made this pick when I thought the Bucs had a shot at sliding into the playoffs, but now it is a huge long shot. I should have changed my pick, but oh, well, who knows. Maybe they go out with a W.
  • Atlanta over New Orleans - The Falcons have the second seed in the playoffs in the NFC, but I haven't heard whether or not they are sitting their big guns.
  • Denver over Oakland - Denver's got the defense against a back up Raiders quarterback. I went with experience.
  • Arizona over Los Angeles - Apparently, Bruce Arians, the Cardinals coach is ill. They win this one for him.
  • Kansas City over San Diego - The Chargers...sigh. Glad I'm not a fan.
  • Seattle over San Francisco - I just went with the better team here. Not sure who is playing or sitting out on the Seahawks team, but either way they don't lose to the 49ers who are trying to decide whether or not to fire their head coach.
  • Washington over Giants - The Redskins need this game to be in, and the Giants don't. It's a home game for Washington so I think they come out fired up to win.
  • Detroit over Green Bay - Yeah, I should have switched this one, but I didn't. My bad. Both teams need to win to continue. Should be a good game. Maybe not.

No comments: