Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Out of the mouths of my babes

When going through my keepsakes at the end of last year, I would randomly hold things up to show Darcy whose bedroom door opens into the room where I was sorting. She would smile and humor me and then go back to what she was doing before I interrupted her. It wasn't until I held this up that I got a show of interest, albeit a begrudged one at that.


Darcy: "What is that?"
Me: "It's a gum holder."
Darcy: "A what?"
Me: "A gum holder. Where you put your chewed gum after you get tired of it or if you have to spit it out and save it for later."
Darcy: "Why would you do that? That's gross."
Me: "What do you mean?"
Darcy: "Who saves their gum? That's just weird."
Me: "Well excuse me, but back in the old days we couldn't afford to buy tons of packages of gum so we had to save the piece we were chewing."
Darcy: "Thank god we have progressed."

No comments: