Monday, April 24, 2017

Easter 2017

Holidays were a thing in my house until we left home because my dad made sure of it. When we were young, my mom was in charge of the holidays, but once we hit high school she passed the torch to my dad who kept things alive until I was in my late twenties and moving out. Even then he mailed me holiday cards.

I plan on doing the same thing, thus I shopped as I do every year for Easter eggs, the candy, and the gifts for the basket. Of course, all of that is left for the Easter Bunny who then comes in my house at night and hides them. In Florida, eggs have to be hidden the night before inside because outside is too damn hot. Two nights prior to the day, however, my daughter remarked on how she was not going to church on Easter because she would be too sleepy from prom. I reminded her about the bunny and the eggs, and she said it was okay with her if he didn't hide any.

WHAT?

I may have sniffled a bit.

Darcy: "OH Mommy! Oh, I'm sorry. Of course, I want to hunt eggs. Just hide like five."
Me: "I don't hide them. The Easter Bunny hides them, and it isn't up to me how many he chooses to hide."
Darcy: "Oh, Mommy, of course it isn't."


He hid twenty for Darcy and three for Elliot. As always, we couldn't find one egg. This happens every year without fail and sometime down the road we find it, and we all relive the holiday. Same thing this year. I look forward to finding it myself after both girls are off to college.

Darcy: "You'll just cry."
Me: "I'll just eat it. Or maybe it was the one with the hundred dollars, and I'll spend that."
Darcy: "You do know, that I'll be close enough and will come home for the holidays next year. I'll be here at Easter."
Me: "And?"
Darcy: "And I'll want to hunt those Easter eggs with the hundred dollar bills in them. I love hunting eggs!"


No comments: