Monday, April 10, 2017

Random Details


  • Since I got my Echo Dot, I've been obsessed with what I call my "writing music", playing it over and over and over again much to Darcy's annoyance. I call my playlist "Inspiration". Certain songs really help me create, and as I'm trying to write daily, I need the music. Recently, after attending a funeral where the song, Hallelujah, was sung, Tom and I were discussing various artists who have recorded the song. I knew I had one on my Itunes, discovered it was an American Idol contestant from Season 7, Jason Castro. I couldn't remember who he was, looked him up, listened to his album, and OMG! I am hooked. Love this album. It is now my new music obsession. I bet Echo plays it fifty times a day. I'm not sure it's helping my current writer's block, but it makes me feel good.
  • I discovered there was an organization for romance writers, and so I joined. They have a huge conference every year in a different city. It is huge. Major authors attend. There are tons of workshops, agents, publishers, and an award's show. This year is in Orlando this summer. I took it as a sign. I signed up today. Now if I could only get past this block.
  • The new administrator, the one I apparently "scared" has quit. No one told me until the day before I had to go in and work with the new one. I was nervous. I mean, when you frighten everyone away, there's a perception. She's not going to be as tough to crack, this one. Plus, she has shown me, in the two weeks we've worked together, that I've harshly judged these youngsters in the work force. This woman is awesome. She is everything I was at that age, energetic, top-notch, meticulous, and she knows her stuff. Oh, and she asked to be my Facebook friend because she wanted "to find my blog and read it". I love this woman.
  • We had three days of sixty degree weather, a last burst of spring before returning to our eighty degree temperatures. It was a little bit of heaven in April. 
  • My cousin's husband, does that make him my cousin too, travels to Ireland often. This past week he was in Belfast, Dublin, and Stockholm, and we all took the trip with him via SnapChat. I've decided he needs a travel assistant, and I'm getting my resume together. 
  • I have one pineapple growing this season, out of my seven plants. Two of the plants are from last year's crop, and one is from the first crop. The rest were my mother's plants. She loved those damn plants, and even though I fought her on growing my own, I'm now CEO of PineConApple Plantation. I just wish I liked the fruit better.
  • I'd like to go to Indiana at the end of May, but one thing after another is stopping me. I need to go from one end of the state to the other to cram everything in that I want to do, and to do all of that in the amount of time I have is just darn frustrating. Flights are decent, but car rental is crazy. It is cheaper for me to rent a car from here and leave it in Indiana then it is to rent in that state and drive from one end to the other. Apparently, cars from Florida are in high demand?

No comments: