Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The aftermath of cleaning

Every year I put my Christmas decorations back into the boxes from which they came and every year they never fit. Why is that? I mean, I purchased a couple of new things, but not an entire BOX worth of stuff. Yet, I find I need another box for my Christmas decorations, and when you live in a small house with minimal storage space another box is difficult. Last year I reorganized my Christmas boxes themselves and then reorganized our garage where the boxes are stored. There isn't any space for another box in our garage especially since I added a box from The Condo. Ugh.

Also, every year after the decorations are in the boxes and the boxes carefully stored I find decorations that I've forgotten. Every. Year. It doesn't matter how diligently I search every room. Every year I forget stuff. Maybe that is the issue with the extra box?


This was the last of the found decorations. How? I go into that refrigerator every day.


In the Steelers room where I rarely decorate, but I purchased this on a whim this year and then had nowhere for it to reside.


A hand towel that sat on my kitchen table because whoever folded the laundry had no idea what to do with at that thing.



The doormats. Of course, they are large items and can't just be shoved into an already stuffed box.

There was more, but I gave up snapping photos. For more than a week I gathered items and tried desperately to shove them into the easiest to reach Christmas box. Now I've given up and have made a pile next to the easiest to reach Christmas box. Eventually, that will drive Tom nuts and he will deal with it. I've decided that is my best answer to this problem, but I've written down a note to remember to plan better next year.

I have no idea where to store that note.



No comments: