Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Spring Break 2018

It's one week, but each year I look forward to it. Both girls had the same break this year so I had them together for one whole week. It was glorious, albeit short. We spent the first four days in New York City and the last four days at home. Just walking through my house at night knowing they were both tucked safely in their beds in their bedrooms was a break for me. A wonder.


Being able to hug them and kiss their pale, soft cheeks was wonderful. I didn't even mind doing their laundry or picking up after them. Well, maybe that wasn't high on the wonder list, but even my grumblings regarding the matter were low toned and half-assed. Now I know how short-lived their time is with us.


Darcy went back on Saturday. Madison went with her to explore the campus, see her dorm room, and spend some sister one on one time. Tom and I joined them that evening and we went to dinner and then bowling to finish out Spring Break 2018. Darcy's boy toy accompanied us, getting the full experience of the family. Might as well give him time to run.




I have a week of recovery before I head on to Spring Break II 2018 with my other children, those I've adopted to replace my college kids when away from home. That break is a road trip and one that I'm planning fun, educational things to see and do. The adopted children can hardly wait for it. I've alerted them to the tradition of participating in the travel journal. (Unsure of what that is? Refresh your memory here and here) They are, as my own children always were, disinterested pumped. Now if I can only locate that thing...

No comments: