Thursday, March 01, 2018

Two month resolution 2018 check

Every two months I check in on my resolutions for the year and rate myself with numbers 1-10. Always working to have a total 60-60 by the end of the year. Has yet to happen but I'm optimistic. So, here goes:

  1. Eat a fruit and vegetable and drink milk daily and exercise twenty minutes a day, whether walking or dancing, going to the gym or just getting up and marching in place. Just some movement, and to get back to the weight I was before the death of Connie. That will be thirty pounds, give or take a few bags. (That’s a spades reference) - Whoa. This is why I check in because I forgot the part about exercising twenty minutes a day. Dang it! I'm currently doing well with the fruit, vegetable, and on some days the milk. But the exercise? Yikes. That will lower my score, but I am on week 7 of a study with the group 23andme on weight loss so I've worked hard at this one. Well, except for the daily exercise although I am exercising. Like three times a week when it should be daily. I recently added cardio drumming classes so that helps. Score: 5
  2. To finish my romance novel - Hmmm...how to grade this one since it says FINISH. Have I been working on it? Yes. Pretty much daily. I'm writing anywhere from 2,000 to 5,000 words a week and turn it in to my romance chapter book count monitor. So, I say SCORE! Score: 10
  3. To finish scanning all of my photos into the computer - Jeez, here is another one that requires I finish something. Because of #2 I've been too busy to work on #3 and #4 but I did spend a day this week scanning Madison's 1997 pictures into the computer. It took four hours. Holy Cow! Score: 5
  4. To begin exploring my maternal and paternal genealogy (So that I can do something with those photos I have inherited of people I don't know) - Uh, nope. Score: 0
  5. To travel whether with or without other people - Oh yes! I traveled already to Sanibel Island with my SIL the beginning of February. I have two trips planned for March. Another SCORE! Score: 10
Total: 30 out of 50 - Yes! I'm halfway there, people! Now I have just have to keep it up. I'm determined. Maybe that's a resolution I should have had...to be determined to finish these damn resolutions. 

1 comment:

Jay Brewer said...

Perhaps the exercise 20 minutes a day could be achieved with more walks of 30 minutes or longer. And making sure to stand at least 12 hours a day. I get this done with about a 10k average step count with the Apple Watch bugging me even at work. It takes about a 10 minute walk to office from train - then about a 25 minute walk to the other office and a 10 minute walk back to the train later. All easy - so even doing 3/4 of that for 30-45 minutes would yield some easy exercise that is good for a walking heart rate.