Saturday, June 09, 2018

Pics from the party


This one turned nineteen. She still retains her childhood demeanor. Thank goodness. It keeps me feeling worthy young. She woke me up early, let me love on her, and then we got up to open her gifts. She was on a time schedule. Places to be and things to do.

She drove to her college and picked up the boy toy for the weekend. They meet a large group of high school and college buddies and spent the day at the beach. They all came back here where they livened up my house, not to mention my spirits. It's always good to have a houseful of kid adults.

While they were gone to the beach, I drove the half an hour to pick up the requested cookie cake. Darcy always has a cookie cake and this year she wanted it from the Great American Cookie Company which is in our north mall. It used to be in the food court but had disappeared and I thought gone forever. However, when I went online to check this accuracy I discovered I was wrong. Just as Darcy had said, the place was still at the mall. I online ordered.

When I got to the mall, I went to the food court. Yep. No Great American Cookie Company just as I remembered. I stood aghast. These people had taken my money and sold me a bill of goods I wasn't going to get. I went to the email confirmation I had received, found a phone number, and called it. As I circled the food court desperately searching for what I knew was not there. The phone rang, and rang, and rang. Yep. Out of business.

Except someone answered and told me they were downstairs below where I was standing. And they were. Lower level next to JC Penney. Been there for eight years. Oops. Obviously, I told the woman after telling her my story and indicating my girth slender body, I've never needed a Great American Cookie.

I ordered a HUGE cookie. I didn't realize I had done this. Tom made the group from the beach have some before our birthday dinner celebration because he was appalled, as usual, at the amount of sugar. He didn't think we would eat it all. Please, Tom.


We always have a family birthday dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Darcy kept to the routine and we met Grandma and my SIL and family at the place down under for a meal and birthday fun. Oh, and the boy toy got to meet part of the family. He sat next to Grandma Mary Anne who had made the trip to college to see him in his role in the theater. They were already buddies.



After we returned home, our friends arrived for more cake and games. We played into the night laughing and yucking it up, tumbling into bed way too late. Another good birthday in the books.

The cookie cake was gone by Monday evening. To Tom's horror.

No comments: