Saturday, January 19, 2019

Football picks catch-up

My readers have asked me why I stopped the football updates after the Steelers didn't make the playoffs. Did I not watch anymore? Was I totally destroyed? How were they to make their picks without my expertise? 

Okay, no one asked me that.

Two days after we lost when I still flew my flags, some guy knocked on my door to tell me he trimmed trees and did I want him to attack my big oak.

Me: "We just had that tree trimmed."

Him: "And it looks great. How about I leave my business card with you for when it's time to have another go at it?"

Me: "Sure. Thanks."

Him: "Oh, and Go Steelers!"

Me: "Yeah, we lost. We're out of the playoffs."

Him: "Yep, I know."

I tore up his business card. I blame my lack of football reporting him.

To recap, however, I did not stop making my picks nor watching football. I'm a fan, albeit a disgruntled one due to our loss and the nonsense that just is the NFL, but I can't stop watching.

My picks the first playoff week were:

Houston over Indianapolis

Seattle over Dallas

Baltimore over Chargers

Chicago over Philadelphia

I lost every one of those. X X X X I contemplated quitting it all, but I'm not a quitter.

Week two's picks were:

Kansas City over Indianapolis

Rams over Dallas

New England over Chargers

New Orleans over Philadelphia

Got every one of those correct! Check, check, check, check. I was back in the game!

This weekend I have the following:

Going with the underdogs.

Rams over New Orleans - It won't be easy, but I'm hoping Sean McVay is more prepared this week than last year. Gotta stop Drew Brees. Gotta have the defense. Gotta play better than last week.

New England over Kansas City - Just can't rule out those damn Patriots. This will be the big test of the Chiefs quarterback, whom everyone can't stop talking about. If he pulls this off, I'll give him the MVP. Sorry, Drew.

No comments: