Friday, January 04, 2019

Out of the mouths of my babes


Me: "Why is there a bottle of dish soap on Maddy's dresser?"

Darcy: "Uh?"

Me: "Is this yours? Where did it come from?"

Darcy: "I may know that..."

Me: "And?"

Darcy: "I found it when I cleaned my room."

Me: "And you just put it on Madison's dresser?"

Darcy: "Maybe. Well, in my defense, I meant to put it in the closet but it only got as far as the dresser and then I forgot."

Me: "The closet? As in the hall closet? Why would you put that in the hall closet? It's dish soap!"

Darcy: "Well, I don't know where it goes."


Me: "Darcy, seriously?"

Darcy: "What? Did I put the stamp on the wrong side?"

Me: "Jeez, at least you realize it when pointed it out. What should go on that side?"

Darcy: "My address?"

Me: "If you knew that, then why did you put the stamp on that side?"

Darcy: "It looked too empty."

No comments: