Monday, February 25, 2019

February 2019 project

Each month I'm to tackle a project for my 2019 New Year's Resolutions. I did not, however, say it had to be a different project, so February was still a carryover on January's project, which was to edit and tighten this blog. Whoa. Big job. I have 95 pages of this blog. Each page has 25 entries. I've completed 10 pages in two months, editing 250 blog entries. Not a mean fete considering all the other nonsense I'm doing--like writing that damn book.

With the help of my handy dandy Grammarly account, I've seen the mistakes that made my mother cringe. Those are being corrected. I've added photos to accompany blog entries, and I've laughed and lamented the loss of friends. I've remembered life occurrences I've forgotten. I've decided to repost some good posts, and I can't wait to have it all done so that I can make a book.

Maybe, and I can hear Madison's lecture now, I'll just add each project to the next project. At some point, one of them is bound to be completed, right? In the meantime, enjoy this little gem--my very first Out of the Mouths of My Babes. It's my favorite label in the entire blog and will probably just get its own book when the time comes. My kids say the darndest things...



From the Archives - January 4, 2005

Sarina: "Miss Cara, Darcy just ate something and then wiped her hands on her pants."

Me: "Well, Sarina, I suppose I could make my kids do their own laundry. Make both girls carry their laundry down to the river where they will have to wash their clothes with rocks."

Sarina: "Poor people have to wash their clothes in the river."

Darcy: "Why?"

Sarina: "Poor people don't have any washing machines."

Me: "Well, Kelly doesn't have a washing machine. But then again, she thinks she is poor."

Darcy: "Kelly isn't poor."

Sarina: "How do you know that?"

Darcy: "Because she has a purse."

No comments: