Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Quarantine day 67



Oleg escaped our quarantine on Friday, returning to an empty echoing apartment. On Saturday, excited to be free, he went fishing and fried more than his catch--his SnapChat selfie showed a very red Ukraine lobster. This is what he gets for leaving the nest. We women always made sure he had on sunscreen!

Darcy spent the weekend teaching a lifeguard training class from sun up to sundown at a huge manmade lagoon. She did well with the sunscreen, only burning a small strip of skin, and maintained the Red Cross' new COVID-19 rules with social distancing, etc.

I finally some spring cleaning in returning Oleg's bedroom into the office/sitting area. Summer classes for Darcy began today and we needed a better arrangement now that she will be sharing the office with me.

We did our first return to the grocery, meaning we didn't order online for delivery or pick-up. MISTAKE! The Publix we visited was overcrowded, and we roamed over an hour. My nose, cheeks, forehead, and eyes itched the entire time, and by checkout, I was a sweaty mess behind the mask. I really regretted, upon our return home, averting my eyes from the Ding Dongs in aisle 9.

While in quarantine, I need junk food.

Our new norm WO--without Oleg--requires me to find something to occupy my time on Tuesday and Thursdays from 9:30 to 12:00 while Darcy is in Zoom class. I did so today by Facetiming my SIL Susan for a three-hour catch-up, before sitting down to write.

I'm also working on my tan poolside. It's a good life. I can't complain. But not being able to just up and leave my house on a whim? Yep. Starting to get old.

No comments: