Thursday, June 18, 2020

Quarantine day 97

Can I still say I'm quarantined? Florida opened weeks ago. Last week I ventured into the places on the COVID chart where my chances of catching the virus ran from an eight to a one on the Coronavirus Risk Level By Activity Chart. My kids started working out of the house at a summer camp. My dog actually spent time alone.

But I'm still a firm believer in staying put, and I'm one who can. I'm better inside than I am outside because my ire at those not wearing masks is not good. Thus far, I've kept it to myself, but who knows when I might blow. How hard is it to protect one another? The only way we beat this virus, get the economy on its feet, and survive is to work together. 

WEAR A DAMN MASK! Practice social distancing when out and about. 

I'm talking to you garage repairman!

Our area is spiking in the virus. After five days of working summer camp, my daughters were alerted over the weekend that someone had tested positive. At my husband's job, workers in two different shifts came down with the virus. My SIL was tested due to physical symptoms and my brother, too, because he lives in the same house. The results were negative, thank god, but hey, it's hitting closer and closer. 

Let me be honest, once I left my house, I immediately had a temporary brain fart--seeing different people, communicating with people other than my family? It was heaven! My poor dental hygenist could barely clean my teeth in the allotted time frame because I just wanted to talk, and the next day I chose to cut my mop and catch up with my hairdresser. It's so easy to forget--for just a moment--COVID.

Unfortunately, it's still there. 

So, while I saw the outside world last week, this week I'm staying put. 

Day 97 and counting.


Our week's exposure according to the Coronavirus Risk Level By Activity Chart (10 being high risk and 1 being low)
  • 8 - Churches - I went to a funeral. No accountability for social distancing although signs were significantly posted. Over half the people did not wear masks.
  • 7 - Schools - Both girls work at a school summer camp. Workers wear masks but children are optional.
  • 6 - Hair salons - My hairstylist wore a mask and cleaned but she did so because she is a believer. The salon itself didn't have any protocol in place.
  • 5 Outside gatherings - The cemetery, like the church, had no social distancing and no mask-wearing
  • 4 - Dental office - The girl who came to test me at my car had spent the weekend at Universal Studios. Thank god she wasn't working on my teeth.
  • 3 - Groceries - Always have non-mask wearers there
  • 2 - Getting fuel - I wore my mask even outside and six feet from the next pump
  • 1 - Takeout food 




No comments: