Monday, September 07, 2020

Eight month resolution check

Every two months, I check in to see how I'm doing on my New Year's resolutions. I give myself a score between 1-10 with the hopes that I'm perfect by the end of the year. 


These two months were mostly in quarantine, so I'm not expecting much--something about stress, a pandemic, and sharing my house should give me some leeway, right?


Let's check-in (8 months):


  • Travel (Explore and open myself to new experiences)- This one just needs to be exed. Corono! Score: N/A


  • Get into an excellent mental and/or physical place where I don't mind having my picture taken. -  These last two months went in the opposite direction. I'm going to look at it as it can only go up, right? I did begin with less than two weeks left, so I'll give myself something. Score: 1


  • Devise a working routine schedule Monday-Friday so that I do it and stick to it - Like the previous resolution, this one didn't get done. I could blame the full house, but that was only part of it. Score: 1


  • Finish editing book #1, so Maya can edit and critique it. - I'm too busy with my MIL's memoirs. While that is a truth, the lack of editing is more tied to the previous resolutions than the bio. Score: 0


  • To drink less coffee and, therefore, less creamer - Okay, this one I actually did work on. Not well, but I went several days a week without it, so there! Score: 4


  • To tackle some old resolutions that haunt me - Yes! Finally! Score: 10


Total Score: 16 out of 50 - the first one can't count due to circumstances out of my control.

No comments: