Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Quarantine day #194

 

This is my buddy during the day while the other two work. We've had to awake earlier than usual to make sure those two get up and out the door on time, but once they are gone, we can--shh--nap if we need it. He seems to need it more than me. 


We've gotten into a somewhat routine, and he doesn't even cry much when I'm in the pool. It's too hot. He prefers the air conditioning. 

Nothing has changed. We're still home. I'm wearing my mask when I'm out and about. I'm still playing the app I started when this quarantine began. Still social distancing. New things I've adopted--knitting in the evening and contemplating new projects. Maybe next week, I'll move to plan those projects. Thus far, I've knitted two scarfs that no one in Florida wants, and really, they aren't bad for a beginner. Shout out if you need a scarf!

The holidays are approaching. Is that crazy? I feel like I just celebrated Christmas. I say that often as the years go by, but this time I mean it so much more. I can remember every detail of our celebration, and it's been nine months. That means it was like yesterday, right? I've told everyone to update their lists because shopping early might actually happen for me this year. Even though I'd prefer to boycott it all. For sure, I'm out for Halloween. Bah Humbug on young strangers bringing god knows what to my front door. Although, think of the steps I'd get in walking from the front door to the sink to wash my hands after candy delivery. Hmm...nah.

Every day I'm thinking of three happy things. Somedays finding that is harder than others. 

Hope. I keep reminding myself I need that. We need that. I hope we can keep finding it.

Keep on keeping, peeps!


No comments: